July 7, 2020 - Reading time: 2 minutes
- Answer one given from person 1, et al.
- 5 minutes are allocated per answer if 2 participants are present.
- 3 minutes are allocated per answer if 3-4 participants are present.
- 2 minutes are allocated per answer if 5 or more participants are present.
- Responses are only offered if a person is mentioned in the answer. For example: Question: “How are you today?” Answer: “I’m great, Ty.” This enables “Ty” to respond with 2 minutes allocated. Any person named is allocated a 2-minute response, followed by a 1-minute response by the initiator, followed by a 1-minute follow-up by the named person.
Etiquette for all:
- Never publicly disagree or argue with the mediator.
- Never offend, disrespect, or insult another debater or mediator.
- Do not speak out of turn or interrupt another debater or mediator.
- Present facts truthfully. Do not falsify or distort the facts.
- Stay focused on the topic or question up for debate.
- Do not become emotional in your appeals.
- Control your tone of voice.
- Avoid quarreling and bickering. Do not point fingers at anyone.
- Focus on the topic, not another debater or mediator.
- Avoid personal attacks.
- Do not discuss physical attributes or limitations.